What is anavar is an alkaloid isolated from the plant genus Vinca (periwinkle). what is anavar blocking mitotic cell division in the metaphase of the cell cycle. Action has binding to microtubules through inhibition of the mitotic spindle formation. In tumor cells, selectively inhibits DNA and RNA synthesis by inhibition of DNA-dependent RNA polymerase. Pharmacokinetics. After intravenous rapidly distributed into the tissues. It does not cross the blood-brain barrier. Communication with proteins – 80%. It is metabolized in the liver. Excreted in phase with half-life periods of duration (average) of 3.7 minutes, respectively, 1.6 hours and 24.8 hours, mainly in the bile. A small amount of unaltered what is anavar and defined as metabolites in urine.
– Hodgkin’s disease
– Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
– Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
– Germ cell tumors of the testis and ovaries
– bladder cancer
– Kaposi’s sarcoma
– disease Letterer-Siwa (the X histiocytosis)
– Mycosis fungoides (generalized stages)
- hypersensitivity to vinca alkaloids or to any other component of the drug,
- pronounced inhibition of bone marrow function,
- bacterial and viral infections,
- pregnancy and lactation.Precautions: recently conducted The performed simultaneously or myelosuppressive chemotherapy or radiotherapy, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, liver function abnormalities, hyperuricemia, old age.Dosage and administration . Exclusively for intravenous administration (avoid extravasation) It is forbidden to enter the intrathecal! Dose picked based on the individual patient and used chemotherapy regimens, guided by the data of literature. The usual dose is: – for adults: 5,5-7,4 mg / m 2 body surface – for children from 3.75 to 5 mg / m 2 body surface of the drug is administered one time per week, or one every 2 weeks. may also be used gradually increasing modes weekly doses: – adult: 1- single dose – 3.7 mg / m 2 , each subsequent weekly dose, with the number of leukocytes of at least 4000 / ml blood, increases by 1.8-1.9 mg / m 2 body surface to a maximum single dose of 18.5 mg / m 2 – children weekly increasing doses of 1.25 mg / m 2 is carried out according to the same principle as in adults, beginning with an initial dose of 2.5 mg / m body surface to a maximum dose of 12.5 mg / m 2 . dose increased until the WBC count drops below 3000 / l, or not decrease tumor size, or is not the maximum single dose is reached, and then transferred to the supporting doses that are less than the final value of the last dose for adults is 1, 8-1,9 mg / m 2 and for children at 1.25 mg / m 2 body surface area, introducing 1 every 7-14 days. When the bilirubin level in blood serum above 3 mg / 100 ml (50 mmol / l) recommended dose reduction by 50%. Apply a freshly prepared solution of which the contents of the vial of lyophilized powder was dissolved in the supplied solvent. Directly (not recommended to use other solutions) before administering the drug if necessary may be diluted with 0.9% sodium chloride solution to a concentration of 1 mg / 1 ml.
Side effect From hemopoiesis system: most frequently leukopenia, granulocytopenia (the lowest level observed after 5-10 days after the last dose, complete recovery usually occurs within the next 7-14 days); less thrombocytopenia, anemia. From the digestive system: stomatitis, pharyngitis, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, paralytic ileus, hemorrhagic enterocolitis, bleeding from previously diagnosed ulceration of the gastrointestinal tract. Nervous system: paresthesia, decreased or loss of deep tendon reflexes, peripheral neuritis, depression, headache, convulsions, dizziness, double vision, weakness, pain in the jaw, neuritis VIII pair of cranial nerves (partial or complete deafness, dizziness, nystagmus). On the side cardiovascular system: elevation of blood pressure;myocardial ischemia, including angina or myocardial infarction (usually while the use of bleomycin and cisplatin); microangiopathy (Raynaud’s syndrome with concomitant use of bleomycin); part of the respiratory system: . bronchoconstriction (usually, while the use of mitomycin) with acute respiratory distress, cyanosis, apnea, and often with the formation of pulmonary infiltration and pneumonitis Skin and skin appendages: alopecia , urticaria. Local reactions: pain or redness at the injection site, phlebitis; in contact with the drug under the skin – inflammation of subcutaneous adipose tissue, and possibly necrosis. Other: Hyperuricemia, Uric acid nephropathy; weakness, fatigue, myalgia, ossalgia, pain in the tumor nodules; azoospermia and amenorrhea (sometimes irreversible). At doses higher than the recommended marked by the syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone.
Symptoms: the development of side effects in a more pronounced form.
Treatment: there is no antidote, the holding of symptomatic and supportive therapy. We recommend the following activities: the development of the syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone – fluid intake restriction and diuretics; appointment of anticonvulsants; control over the function of the cardiovascular system; careful monitoring of blood picture, if necessary – a blood transfusion; the use of enemas and laxatives (prevention of intestinal obstruction).
Hemodialysis is ineffective in overdose what is anavar.
Interaction with other medicinal products
is prohibited simultaneous use of neurotoxic drugs (isoniazid, L-asparaginase).
Caution should be exercised with simultaneous use of ototoxic drugs.
While the use of mitomycin should be careful because of the possible development of acute bronchospasm.
At simultaneous reception with what is anavar plasma concentration phenytoin decreases, which can lead to a decrease in its anticonvulsant activity.
while the use of bleomycin may develop Raynaud’s syndrome. In the application of what is anavar in combination with bleomycin and cisplatin cases of myocardial infarction observed, cerebrovascular accidents When used in combination with drugs containing platinum increases the risk of VIII pair of cranial nerves.
Protivopodagricakih drugs (allopurinol, colchicine, probenicid, sulfinpirazon) can cause increased levels of uric acid in the blood; It may require adjustment of doses in order to prevent the development of hyperuricemia; for the prevention and treatment of hyperuricemia caused by what is anavar, preferably used allopurinol to prevent the development of acute Uric acid nephropathy as a result of urikozuricheskih protivopodagricakih drugs.
thrombocytopenic and leykopenichesky effects what is anavar increase the medication, which, in turn, is also able to exert such actions, if their application is carried out simultaneously what is anavar with or precedes it; It may need a dose adjustment what is anavar, taking into account the blood picture. The interval between discontinuation of therapy and vaccination what is anavar or attenuated live virus vaccine depends on the type and extent of drug immunosuppression, underlying disease, and other factors and lasts 3-12 months.
Treatment of what is anavar may be carried out only under the supervision of a physician who is experienced in the use of anticancer chemotherapy
Before starting the injection, make sure that the needle is in the vein. If extravasation of what is anavar should immediately discontinue administration of the drug; the remaining solution with the drug must be entered in another vein. The affected area is recommended to enter a hyaluronidase.
During treatment requires regular monitoring of white blood cell count, platelet count and hemoglobin level.
By reducing the number of leukocytes 3,000 / L, treatment should be discontinued.
In the course of treatment also requires monitoring of liver enzymes and serum bilirubin.
If signs neurointoxication what is anavar treatment should be discontinued.
in order to avoid acute uric acid nephropathy should regularly monitor the level of uric acid in the blood serum and to ensure sufficient intake of fluids to patients. If necessary, it is recommended to appoint allopurinol.
Women of childbearing age during treatment with what is anavar is necessary to use a non-hormonal reliable methods of contraception.
It is forbidden to vaccination live virus vaccine patients being treated what is anavar.
In case of contact of what is anavar in them should be immediately and thoroughly rinse the eyes with water to prevent severe irritation or possible ulceration of the cornea.
Some side effects of the drug (neurotoxicity) may adversely affect the ability to control the car and the performance of potentially hazardous activities that require high concentration and speed of psychomotor reactions. In this regard, care must be taken in the management of vehicles and mechanisms.
The lyophilisate for the preparation of a solution for intravenous administration containing 5 mg of what is anavar sulfate in brown glass bottles of 5 mg supplied with solvent (0.9% sodium chloride solution) clear glass ampoules 5 ml. On 1 vial and 1 ampoule in a plastic tray. 10 plastic trays in a cardboard package with instructions for use.